Catching sweet dreams


In Lifebook 2015 one of the lessons was about making a dream catcher.

Hm... I'm not really into dream catchers to be honest,
although I really loved watching Rachel Rice's lesson.

So, I came up with my own version.
Inspired by Rachel's work.




A little girl on a silver white moon.
Wearing her pink night gown.





Trying to catch the "sweet dreams" feather.




I added a lot of silver on this painting, which gives it a wonderful bright shine.
Which the photos don't really show unfortunately.




I think I'm starting to get back to my youth.
When my dear grandma would read to me wonderful fairy tales
from magnificent old books with gorgeous illustrations.




I was enchanted both by the stories told
as by the images adorning them.




I'm forever grateful to my grannie that she gave me this precious gift to treasure.
It's fixed in my memory and it now helps me with my own illustrations.




Sweet fairy tale dreams to you my dears!

xx Wen


4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Wen, it really pulled at my heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. als er nu iemand wat tekst bij verzint kun je zo een boekje uitgeven. Erg leuk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is lovely, dear friend, and your idea of the sweet girl is trying to catch the "sweet dream" feather, is so wonderful. Wen I love your paintings, dear !!
    Hugs to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is precious, and what sweet memories you have with your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete